Popular Posts

Monday, February 7, 2011

Food for the horses has arrived!

I called Mr. Hassan this morning and he told me that food for the horses has arrived. Oh what a relief!

I was going to go and see my horses but two things stopped me. The first is my husband said that if I go I would need to cover my blond hair.... no way! (that is for going to the Haj only)  I know it is for my safety but I am not going to use a scarf to cover my hair...I am an American and I can speak enough Arabic to speak my mind and tell people I have given almost 30 years to living in Egypt. The second thing that stopped me is a water main broke and the street is flooded and traffic is backed up. Good thing we have well water!

We are still waiting for Hasnaa to bring her new foal into the world. Her due date was on Jan 31. Hopefully it will arrive soon. I don't know if it will be a filly or a colt... I have been thinking of the names that I could use to name the newborn. It is hard to decide but one thing that I am sure of is the first colt will be called Anwar. This is due to respect for my parents in law. I used my father in law's family name for my stud farm and I decided to name the first colt after my mother in law's family name. If it is a filly I don't know yet what her name will be. If you have any suggestions let me know.

I have three other mares that are in foal so I really need to think of many names. I am thinking of making a poll for naming Gamilla's foal that is due April 20th, 2011. I will post that soon.

1 comment:

  1. oohh i wanted to see the horses today too :( but i guess we can do it tomorrow inshallah :) gamela is literally gamela and all of us are excited about the newborn (crossing fingers and hoping its a female :p)..am glad they have food available finally :D am sure ramah cant keep his head out of the bucket :p muaaah love u

    ReplyDelete